Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotors from WS6store

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotors from WS6store

Looking at the WS6store rotor package for $169... Seems like a great deal for drilled/slotted rotors. I have heard good things about them but have also heard a few complaints of them cracking.... Now my question is, when you order the rotors you can select whether you want them drilled & slotted, or just slotted, vice versa...
So Im wondering, would these rotors be less prone to cracking if I ordered them just slotted as opposed to drilled and slotted?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CK9887
Looking at the WS6store rotor package for $169... Seems like a great deal for drilled/slotted rotors. I have heard good things about them but have also heard a few complaints of them cracking.... Now my question is, when you order the rotors you can select whether you want them drilled & slotted, or just slotted, vice versa...
So Im wondering, would these rotors be less prone to cracking if I ordered them just slotted as opposed to drilled and slotted?

I have a set of these I ordered last year and have had zero issues. I do not road race the car or anything, but I am not the easiest on my brake either.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had mine for a while and like them. However, there will probably be less of a chance of them cracking by just having them slotted but they won't look as nice IMO.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont have any of those rotors but I have been lookin into them as well and some people have problems with slight cracking and other dont. But the ones that had crackin issues were at least drilled. They cracked a little around the hole. If your not hard on them I would probably say you would be fine because they are a nice visual touch.

I think when I get some Im goin to go with just slotted because it will serve a purpose, even though im not hard on brakes there has been twice so far where I have tried to slow down from 140 in a hurry and my stockers didnt like that very much haha.

But the cracking might have to do with the way they are drilled also because some holes are drilled at an angle and other are straight...might be something to look into.