Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dynoed 434 after h/c/i

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynoed 434 after h/c/i

Will post the graph when I get the car tomorrow. Was expecting a little more, but I ain't gonna complain about 5-10hp too much. I think that the shop did a pretty docile tune after It spun a bearing the first go around. They wanted to spray the car (it has a N2O dry kit installed) but i told them not to for fear of another mishap. I am happy that it didn't break this time, and hope that it will stay together until i graduate in decemeber. Will probably baby it until then for the most part, and then when I graduate I will wait 6 months or so and pick up a c6 Z for the DD (hopefully can pick one up used for 55K or so) and spray the **** out of the TA. Thanks for all the help guys.

EDIT Here is the dyno.

dynoed 434 after h/c/i-dyno.jpg

After driving the car, I am extremelly happy with the result. There is loads of low end torque, and the throttle response is 10x better than stock IMO. It is really loud, and i may consider replacing the 12" bullets sometime in the future. The only problem I currently have with the car is the gear noise at highway cruising speeds. I know that some is to be expected, but i find it extremely unlikely that anyone would find the amount present in my vehicle to be acceptable. Something has got to be wrong, so the next objective is to flush that problem out and fix it. Thanks to Tony Mamo for his help with the H/C/I package.

Last edited by landonew; 03-16-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those aren't too bad but like you said I would've expected more especially with the 90/90 plus that cam is a decent size. Was it a dynojet or MD? Also if I were you I would DD the T/A and use the C6Z as my track weapon and weekend cruiser. Seriously though you can hit mid-high 500's RWHP numbers with just boltons, LT's and a cam! That thing is an awesome platform to build upon and you'll be able to hit 10's N/A with ease.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Nice results through that nine inch. I'm hoping to be right around those numbers after I install my nine inch.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Those aren't too bad but like you said I would've expected more especially with the 90/90 plus that cam is a decent size. Was it a dynojet or MD? Also if I were you I would DD the T/A and use the C6Z as my track weapon and weekend cruiser. Seriously though you can hit mid-high 500's RWHP numbers with just boltons, LT's and a cam! That thing is an awesome platform to build upon and you'll be able to hit 10's N/A with ease.
Yea, but I can gut the TA, put a cage in it and a 418 ls3 and spray a 300 direct port on it. The vette is a nice car stock, has good road manners (which is not true of my TA anymore) and will be under warranty. In all honesty, my profession (attorney) does not lend well to cars that are LOUD AS HELL. The vette has an element of class that the TA just won't have. I have considered getting a porsche 997 turbo as well, but i think that it will be a tad out of my price range (even used) until I am a little older. Again, I will have to check and see what dyno they used.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by landonew
Yea, but I can gut the TA, put a cage in it and a 418 ls3 and spray a 300 direct port on it.
Well **** now that you mention a 418/300 shot then heck yeah the T/A would be a monster at the track...especially on a much needed diet. That would be a fun setup.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You must have some rich parents to be able to think about buying a 60k car right out of law school, most would be worried about getting out of the 100k debt they have accrued. GL with the BAR!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
You must have some rich parents to be able to think about buying a 60k car right out of law school, most would be worried about getting out of the 100k debt they have accrued. GL with the BAR!
Thanks man, I will be graduating in december and will be taking the bar shortly there after. I actually have pretty minimal debt do to some decent scholorships that I qualified for. Basically only paid living expenses which are bargain basement in tuscaloosa, AL. rent is like 550 a month for a two bedroom.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

almost the same set up I am running. Install is almost done and will be getting tuned this week and going to the dyno. I am hopeing for those kind of #'s.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This combo is far from done and/or optimized IMO.

Also, Landon confirmed today that the results are in fact from a Mustang Dyno and of course thru the 9" which others have touched on.

The engine hasnt even peaked yet on this dyno gragh and my guess is that will happen around 6500 or so. It looks like there may have been some valve control issues at the very top of the run and they aborted it directly after or the dip you see is from the fact they terminated the test there (being very gun shy from the last time they had issues with the spray).

Im currently speaking with Landon via PM's on his set-up and will make some timing and A/F recomendations for his next visit back to the dyno. On the same dyno I estimate close to 450 RWHP with some additional tuning and turning the engine high enough to realize its full potential.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 03-18-2008, 02:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great numbers man through Mustang dyno and 9inch thats mid low 11s car for sure

CONGRATS