Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Confused, very irritated trans prob?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Little Confused, very irritated trans prob?

Ok I just had my trans rebuilt on feb 28 2008, i got it home and a day later blew my rear end, upgraded to a moser 12 bolt, well the shop that did the work took it for a test drive everthing was good until he was on his way back he was in first gear then when it was gonna shift into 2nd, it stopped the car. he got back to his shop, put it on the lift to show me, and put it in 1st, tires rolling then 2nd, tires stop, puts it in drive tires roll, when it shifts to 2nd tires stop, its like nailing the brake, they said the think it may be some "trash" in the valve body, i looked at my reciept of the rebuild and just says 4l60e rebuild on the invoice, any body have any ideas? The trands fluid was still red, and smely like new trans fluid, the trans isnt slipping. Thanks for any info in advance.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

did it always have that problem ever since the rebuild?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the low roller or another internal part is locked up. We see this happen when a rear end explodes quite often. Unfortunately the trans and converter need to be removed and need to be gone through. Vince
Old 03-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Launching!

no it didnt do that after the rebuild, its a new converter TCI 3000 stall am i going to have to have it re rebuilt or is it a relitivly siple fix?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

When the rear end failed it damaged the low roller clutch and locked it, Normally it holds in one direction and free wheels in the other , I have also seen this a few times with a rear end failure, While you will likley not have to rebuild the unit parts wise you will have to completely disassemble to do the repair(replace the low roller clutch) . Also I would carefully inspect everything else also , Planets etc. A failure like a rear end failure can put considerable stress on all the trans hard parts.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Launching!

where could one go to pick up the low roller clutch and how much do they usually cost? the only thing I find odd is when he statrted out on the test drive it when thru all 4 gears but when he slowed down to pull a u turn is when itt happened,

Search this Thread