LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

More problems with my carr.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More problems with my carr.......

well today i felt like fixing my boost settings for 10 pounds and i did. so i went out to romp on it and i hit my rev limiter in first gear going into second because i was starring at the boost gauge anyways some black smoke came out the back, ive hit the limiter before and it did the same thing so i wasnt to worried about it. i turned my boost controller off thinking that was anough for today and run it at 5 pounds right off the wastegate and now it builds boost slow as hell and maybe only gets 3-4 pounds at most!. i looked under the car, checked all the piping thinking i might have blown a boost pipe but everything looks fine. no leaking oil. and no engine noises. the car seems to run fine until i want to get on it, it still runs fine at wot but without it building boost it feels like a dog. i hear the turbo spooling and everything. you think it might be the turbo? and what could of been the black smoke? i let off right after it hit and just coasted so it didnt bounce.

atleast the 2 second right at 10 pounds was fun , i need to invest in a shift light asap!