Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum pans

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aluminum pans

I installed the B&M 24,000 cooler yesterday. Will be getting a converter this week. I did a search and some are using the aluminum pans. I was looking at the TCI pan that holds 2 quarts more than stock, and is finned for heat disapation. Is this a good mod for increased fluid cooling, and are there any clearance issues. My car is not lowered, and never will be. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a good mod if you need additional cooling beyond the cooler you just added. I wouldn't spend the money on a pan, unless you need it. See how your temps are on a warm day.

Do you have a 160-Tstat? That and matching fan settings is a good for 10* or so in reducing tranny temps compared to stock, based upon my limited observations.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
It is a good mod if you need additional cooling beyond the cooler you just added. I wouldn't spend the money on a pan, unless you need it. See how your temps are on a warm day.

Do you have a 160-Tstat? That and matching fan settings is a good for 10* or so in reducing tranny temps compared to stock, based upon my limited observations.
Good advice, thanks. Will be doing the tstat soon, haven't been in a rush to do that because the weather is still cool.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

I just bought a fan control module that has high/low settings. My temps are good for the most part, but when it heats up this summer, I wanted that little bit of extra control. One of my coolers is mounted on the front of the AC condenser and when the fans kick on, you can watch the temps drop quite a bit.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I just bought a fan control module that has high/low settings. My temps are good for the most part, but when it heats up this summer, I wanted that little bit of extra control. One of my coolers is mounted on the front of the AC condenser and when the fans kick on, you can watch the temps drop quite a bit.
I probably should invest in a trans temp gauge. Let me add that to the list that keeps growing.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hardtop
I probably should invest in a trans temp gauge. Let me add that to the list that keeps growing.
That list never seems to get smaller, huh?! Yes, a temp gauge is a great investment and should be a must with a big converter. I run the Autometer Ultralite series...the cheapest, basic gauge and it has worked great.