Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having centerforce problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone else having centerforce problems?

My car is an 01 WS6 M6, My current mods are Lid, LM1, K&N, smooth bellows, Ported TB, shorty headers, ORY, 315 nittos.

I installed the centerforce clutch less than 12k miles ago and have only had 4-5 track passes on it. I installed the model made for N02 also because I had plans for it at the time.At the time of install I bled all fluid and replaced with new DOT 4(or5 whatever manufacturer reccomends), also replaced slave/throwout bearing and installed new billet steel flywheel.

Today on the freeway I tried to accel in 6th gear at about 1800rpm. I gave about 3/4 throttle and the rpms shot up then caught(in various threads I have read that this is a slipping clutch).

It will also do it some in first if nailing it but not as much as 6th.

Has anyone had similar problems? Could I put in a new disc and just resurface the flywheel and/or pressure plate?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you have a slipping clutch. you must have slipped it alot. When you pull it out you could check out and see if there is any hot spots on the pressure plate and flywheel. if its not bad i dont see why you coulndnt just buy a new disk.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats just the thing...I havent slipped it at all. I babied it for the first 1000 miles. Hopefully I have no hot spots, I have saved money for a H/C swap,QTP LTs, UD pulley, tune, and a custom TD system and now clutch problems.Oh well hope it will last until I pull it all out for the H/C swap and will check it then.

Thank You very much for your help!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE: Centerforce refuses to sell clutch disc only. I have the manager of the store I bought it from checking into to it more. I would hate to have to buy a whole new kit when Its only got 12k on it.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having centerforce problems?