Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line in a 67 Chevelle w/ LS2

Old 03-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel line in a 67 Chevelle w/ LS2

I was wondering what fuel line I should run with the LS2 set up, it will be all stock and will be in my 67 Chevelle. I currently have the body off the chassis so tight spots to work in is not an issue. Also I thik I am going to runa corvette filter so I can run the return back to the tank from there intead of all the way from the motor back. Any input suggestions would be appreciated. I do not want to run hard line hope I am not asking to much.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out bzee 's link to his car ,has good pics of his fuel filter / reg setup, i plan on doing something very similar . what is your fuel pump setup?, got any pics of your project ? what oil pan? trans? JOHN
Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im planning on running hard line up to the firewall then changing over to flex.i feel more comfortable than flex all the way under high pressure and the line would be more exposed in a conv, chassis just my opinion. JOHN
Old 03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

John has a good point in keeping it back and agaist the fire wall, it will clean up the engine bay a lot.. I might have considered it if I had not already installed new Classic Tube Stainless Steel 3/8" line and in the factory location and had the body back on before I decieded to do a LS1 swap..

As John said... follow my link in my Sig..page #10, I have picture of my setup... with the Vette FPR on teh cross member above the Rear end and using the Impala tank.

If I had to do anything over.. I think I would have skipped the Quick Disconnect and just brazed on the AN fitting on to the Sender feel and return lines (as I did on my fuel rail). My thinking is, How offen do I need to disconnect the lines.. and just turning the AN fitting is almost as easy as using the QD tool to remove the QD lines.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a link where somebody ran the braided line inside the chassis channel, I thought it would be a good idea to clean up the underside of the car. I also tried to post pics but I guess the files are to big.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel line in a 67 Chevelle w/ LS2