Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need Supercharger Set Up Advise !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Supercharger Set Up Advise !!

Hey all was just woundering what would be the best set up (FI) for a 2001 formula 6 speed with about 48k miles on it. I have been looking into turbos and charger set ups and have decided to go with a procharger. Im trying to obtain 500 rwhp . My current mods are cat back and and short throw shifter. I had planned to upgrade the valvetrain and possibly headers and offroad y pipe and new clutch and fuel system upgrades.Is there any other suggestions ? Such as which porcharger kit to go with or any other mods that will get me to the magic number of 500 rwhp. Im not looking for any more horsepower , as I dont want to get into the bottem end if i dont have too. Any advise would be great thanks. Tom
Old 03-16-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think a d1sc setup would be good as u will make that 500rwhp then later if u build the motor u can make quite a bit more with it.Give Bob a call at Exotic performance plus and he can set u up with everything u need.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I promise you that an 8 rib D1SC set up will get you 500 horses at the wheels all day and night.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98transguy
i think a d1sc setup would be good as u will make that 500rwhp then later if u build the motor u can make quite a bit more with it.Give Bob a call at Exotic performance plus and he can set u up with everything u need.
Thanks Chris!

Here is the ProCharger kit I recommend. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798
Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Teching In

Thank you vary much all for the advise on which kit to go with !! Do you have suggestions on if I should stay with stock headers and y pipe or should i upgrade them. I have herd you make less boost with upgraded exhaust , any suggestions? Thanks Tom
Old 03-17-2008, 06:24 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with long tube headers. Don't worry about boost. Yes you will lose some boost with headers but you will pick up roughly 30+ horses.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks again for the information you all have been a great help. Ill be giving Bob a call this week. Once again thanks for the help !!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by guns77
Thanks again for the information you all have been a great help. Ill be giving Bob a call this week. Once again thanks for the help !!
Yes, give me a call! When a ProCharger kit is ordered for a customer, their engine and exhaust items are noted so that the boost they want to see is created. With headers and exhaust a slightly smaller blower pulley is supplied to overcome the loss in boost. The same would apply for more cubes, camshaft and heads, etc. Elevation also plays into this as does max rpm. Thanks! Bob

Quick Reply: Need Supercharger Set Up Advise !!