Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

help! what tires to get for my benz?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink help! what tires to get for my benz?

hey guys im going to be ordering some tires for my new wheels soon and was looking for some opinions.
the tire sizes i need are
2 275-30-19 for the rear and 245-35-19's for the front.so its eather these few
car is a 2003 mercedes e500 sport
general exclame uhp's
kumho spt's
vredestein's
or other brand/recomendations.
i can get the vredestein's for 750 to my door but dont know how they are but i have seen a few cars on here and a few other boards with em.
i have the suv verion of the general's on my escalade with a set of 22's on them and they perform really good for the money but the ones im talking about are suposed to be good but i have also read and luke at tirerack told me there a little loud. i dont mind paying a little more for a better tire but not 300 a tire.
i have had the 712 supra kumho's and they where a very hard tire and rode hard but i have no experiance with the spt's.
i would like a tire in the uhp class or max summer class. i need em to be good in the wet and ride decent. let me know your opinions guys.thanks
oh and here is a teaser pic.wheels are hp designs split 5's with a stainless steel lip. they are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with a 2 in lip front and 2.5 rear lip.
Attached Thumbnails help! what tires to get for my benz?-down-size-pic1.jpg   help! what tires to get for my benz?-wheels-chop.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you have an E-class (W210) chassis. In my experience with Benz's (I used to manage an exclusive MB repair shop for 6 years) you want to make sure your alignment is good. I know that usually goes without saying but Benz's are VERY hard on tires and you will wear them out prematurely with a bad alignment. Second, make sure eveything on the suspension, both front and rear, is good. Even something as small as a steering dampner can have an affect on tire wear. Third, in those 6 years I saw more Goodyears wear badly than any other make.

With that being said I'd go with any of the tires you mentioned. Personally I'm going with Vredestein's on my Z. Very highly reviewed tires and are an excellent bargain at their price point.

Anyway, good luck with your choice and enjoy the Benz!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

the car is a 2003 e500 211 chassis. i have been leaning toward the vredestein's
but i can get the generals from a gm dealer across the street from my crib mounted on the wheels for 560 and thats cheaper than tirerack once i have em shiped here.
ill be puting the wheels on my self when there ready to go on because i want to tidy up a bit under there.cheapest i can find is the generals. i want a quiet tire but in a 19 i dont think ill get it even if i pay more.
keep em comin guys
Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

bunp. need some opinions guys.thanks