Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Drag Wheels opinions needed

Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Wheels opinions needed

I've been doing some research and just wanted an overall opinion and input. I've had Prostars on my car for awhile but I've always wanted Bogarts. The Prostars worked fine and was wondering what are the pros and cons of going to Bogarts, other than price. This would be on a street driven car. I appreciate any help or advice anyone can give.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) Our Bogart’s are lighter. Keeping your wheels as you're using is like leaving ~50converted lbs of weight on your car. 60 ft times improve with lighter components. Braking distances are shortened.*

2) Our wheels are built to fit your car using OEM brakes/calipers/rotors. Moot point for you right now as you've modified the car to make yours fit.

3) Our Bogart wheels quality is much higher. We are not using stamped materials with a loose cast aluminum spacer with our wheels. Our centers are machined 6061 billet; the shells are spun forged and hardened. Wheels MAKE the car's appearance. It is one of the most recognizable modifications you or anyone else will see anytime you drive the car.

4) No drag wheel is designed for street use...if you feel comfortable using a drag wheel intended for drag use on the street as you’re doing right now, then you may feel no different with our wheels.

*for reference, for every 1 lb of rotational weight, easily add 4lbs of static weight as a converstion factor. Depending on the manufacture, some suggest 6-8lbs...
Old 03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Thank you for the reply and helpful information. Anyone else like to add anything? Maybe someone that has some Bogarts? Also, I have 17x9.5 ZR1s, their weight is around 25-27lbs per. So about how much weight would I be dropping?

Last edited by BadMrFrossty; 03-18-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

FWIW I had an fbody some years back that I ran the stock chrome 16 x 8 Formula wheels with 255-50-16 Yokohomas up front. Wheel & tire together weighed 54 lbs. Then I went to Pro-Stars w/ 165 VW tire up front, wheel, tire, & spacer together weighed 27 lbs up front at each corner, total of 54 lbs. Thats unsprung weight so it should have the same effect as dropping 162 lbs of weight off the car. When I went to skinnies up front I did run 2 MPH quicker so it definately makes a difference.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Ok, so basically this is the formula: (ZR1+17''tire X 2) - (skinny+tire X 2)= Static weight X ~4?

Search this Thread