LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car will not start need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car will not start need help

Guys have had an lt1 for about 2 years now and it is a 94. Have had a LOT of problems out of it. I've made a few post on here for help and a lot of post on kyhorsepower and not many replies if any. Car has had a lot of new stuff put on it and still not running I am hoping someone can point me towards someone to PM on here or someone PM me I need like an LT1 expert or something here. It may not be a big a deal as it seems but I have spent money on things that were apparently of no help such as a new crank, main bearings, all sorts of things, In all honesty since purchasing the car have spent around 3,000 on it a big majority of which was on new parts. Really don't want to get rid of the car because it was my first car and have bought nothing but f bodies since. If anyone wants to try to help out msg me or something. Would post all the symptoms but prefer just to try to explain in a PM or something. Basically car want start, occassionally does but want idle. Have took it to a mechanic here that works at a GM dealership which didnt do a bit of good but run out more money. Really need help on this one guys
Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Launching!

post your problems, most people aren't going to go out of there way to pm you
Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaribooLou
post your problems, most people aren't going to go out of there way to pm you
Have posted a list before but basically put in new crank, new main bearings, put in new opti parts replaced everything except cap and rotor on that, new plugs, new wires. Couldn't get the car to start it will crank but want start. Eventually it did start a couple times but you have to hold the gas in to keep it running or it dies out.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Launching!

You have the opti miss aligned. Why did you not change the cap and rotor? Were did you get the opti? Have you reset the IAC? Is the fuel pressure good? You have to get more info up.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Don't know about fuel pressure haven't checked yet and how do you align the opti? And at the tiem of purchase didn't know I needed a new cap and rotor I was a newb to the lt1 and whats IAC? any questions needed just ask

Quick Reply: Car will not start need help