Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th400 output shaft angle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default th400 output shaft angle?

I am in the middle of installing a th400 in my ex t56 car. I bought the Spohn shim for between the trans mount and my stock t56 crossmember. I have my trans supported by a tranny jack right now while I bolt up the crossmember. What is odd is that it doesnt seem like I would even need a shim at all. The bellhousing is completely bolted and fits flush to the engine. Should I jack up on the back of the trans so that it goes further up in the tunnel, until I can fit the shim between the mount and crossmember? Right now the angle of the output shaft on the trans is about 6 degrees pointed downward. The engine is also at the same angle going off the front of the head. My car could be uneven slightly on the different jackstand from front to back. Should I try to get t as close to level as possible, even if it means torquing the motor mounts while I jack the tail of the tranny until I get to level? Hopefully this makes sense. I would be nice to have the stock t56 crossmember bolt tight up to it without any spacers. I am also running a UMI k-member and poly motor mounts, could this possibly be what changed the engle enough to go without a shim?

Last edited by fastGBcamaro; 03-20-2008 at 04:03 PM.