LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Removed Heater, How Do I Reroute Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed Heater, How Do I Reroute Hoses

I removed the heater core from my 94z this winter. For those of you who have done this, how did you reroute the hoses that go to the water pump and the throttle body?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

I think I can just plug the stub from the water pump to the heater core, but the other one that loops from the pump to the throttle body is the one I'm not sure about because it contains the bleeder screw and I think I need to keep that on somehow.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well most guys do a TB bypass as one of the first mods, so they don't have anything going to the TB. As for the heater lines you find out where the destination is of the return line and just take the one leading from the H2O pump to the heatercore and cut it down to the size needed to get it to go to that location...

There are no real details pics of the routing but here are the pics of when I did this...
http://www.1slowformula.com/HVAC-rad...lete/index.htm
Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

You can also remove the water pump and have a machine shop remove the hose barbs and thread the openings to allow for installation of plugs. That's the sure fire way to do it. I've seen people just loop the hoses but they can pop loose which is obviously not a good thing if you're going down the track when it happens.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
Well most guys do a TB bypass as one of the first mods, so they don't have anything going to the TB. As for the heater lines you find out where the destination is of the return line and just take the one leading from the H2O pump to the heatercore and cut it down to the size needed to get it to go to that location...

There are no real details pics of the routing but here are the pics of when I did this...
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula

I actually just went and looked through the pics and I am wrong I did take a few shots detailing what I did, here they are, the fitting was already there from one time many years ago when I took it in for a fluid flush...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just capped off both ends at the water pump. No problems what so ever.

Then I sold the hoses on ebay, which fetched a good price!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

I actually found a really good procedure at http://timney.cz28.com/tbbypass.htm . It's pretty detailed

Quick Reply: Removed Heater, How Do I Reroute Hoses