General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

The endless cranking but no fire.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The endless cranking but no fire.

Hello everyone just a newby here and looking to make some new friends. Just a little about me.. My name is Jeff and I have been running Oldsmobiles for the last 20+ years. I have decided to go a different route and picked up a used 96 firebird formula with the LT1 and a 6 speed. Now the car doesnt run but it does crank. The guy I got it from said the radiator hose came off and shot the distributor with coolant. Now all I have is alot of cranking but now fire. Is this something that a new distributor will solve?? Sorry to sound lame but this is the first LT1 that I have owned and still learning the curves with it. I would like to use the MSD billet distributor with MSD cap and rotor along with the MSD wires. Does the 96 use 90 degree boots on the spark plug end or are some straight and some 90. MSD may be over kill and pricey but I am not afraid to spend the money for good items. Oh I forgot does anyone know where I can find a list of gear gatio codes to see what I have in my car thanks for any and all help.. if anyone has any suggestions on what may work on the car let me know (performance upgrades) like exhaust I prefer Flowmaster but what else (headers,Y-pipes, etc) will work Jeff

Search this Thread