Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lots-O-questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Lots-O-questions

Ok, were in the final stages here and getting stuck on simple things. Maybe its the lack of sleep for both of us, but we need help. First off, how and where do we get vacume for everything? We have the following things
Wastegate
Boostcontroller
Blow Off Valve
Boost Gauge
The thought was to run the wastegate off the brake booster line, but how? The problem is the size of the booster line compared to the size of the vacume line. But when that is figured out (probably something on McMaster) then it goes from "T" to side of the boostcontroller, out of the bottom of that to the side of the wastegate, right? Next is the other vacume line that goes into the car for whatever. Where does it go, how do we get to it and can we "T" that twice for the BOV and the gauge?

Thanks for the help,

A VERY tired
Sean
Old 03-21-2008, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vacuum line that goes into the car is for the actuators in the heat, vent, and AC system. I would leave that line alone ant run a new one inside the car. I would just run the boost gauge line with the hood release cable on the passenger side. The rest I dont think matters too much, just try to make it look clean and make sure it gets good vacuum/boost.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a MBC so... Wastegate side port to intake pipe before the TB (MBC ties inline of that. Don't know about an EBC). I used a vic jr and it has a fitting tapped into the side to go just to the map sensor, "T"ed my gauge into that. Not sure on the blowoff valve I'm not running one.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

We got it all figured out, thanks for the help guys.

Sean

Quick Reply: Lots-O-questions