Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longest week of my life...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longest week of my life...

I've been posting on here for about a month or two now that I have all these parts to install and FINALLY I've dropped the car off in good hands and now must wait for the transformation! I dropped a basicaly stock LS1 w/ the exception of a lid/LTs/ORY/Catback and a non-functioning nitrous system.

BUT... in "x" amount of days I'll pick up a totally different car... AFR 205's, LG G5X3 cam, Fast 90 intake/Throttle body, Racetronix fuel pump,#42 injectors, new lifters, comp pushrods, new oil pump, double roller timing chain (if no clearance issues... damn it steve) I have an LS7 clutch waiting for her at the house, along with a fab'd stand alone fuel system for my SOON TO BE functioning nitrous system.

Only problem is... I have a week to think about it all....
Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna be nasty... im currently doing bolt ons, and clutch on my freak stock car so i cant wait
Old 03-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Default No worries

Hey, saw you had posted here so I figured I'd reply. Things are going fine. We are right on time like I had told you. Heads,cam all are in and waiting for an intake. Steve posted up pictures but I am not sure were he has them. And yes if I did not have my car for a week I would feel the same as you.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a interesting feeling, all the anticipation.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WANTEDZ
Hey, saw you had posted here so I figured I'd reply. Things are going fine. We are right on time like I had told you. Heads,cam all are in and waiting for an intake. Steve posted up pictures but I am not sure were he has them. And yes if I did not have my car for a week I would feel the same as you.
I put them up, but in the internal section of a different LS1 board...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrat man you will be the owner of one of the fastest cars on the street, but at the track 11's are a dime a dozen haha.
Things to look forward too. at a 50 mph roll you spin your tires, Rain scares the crap out of you because you hit the gas one time at 70to 80 and it felt like the road was made of ice. When taking it to the strip you wonder if this will be the run where your tranny or rear end blows up .... So many thing to look forward too haha I'm shure the guys here can think of many more.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been there myself my friend.....my transformation took allmost 17 months.....i fired it at 2.45am on friday night
GOD DAMN IT FEELS GOOD!!!!!
hope everything goes as planned for your build!!!!!