Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

where is the cheapest place to buy a moser 9?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where is the cheapest place to buy a moser 9?

I see lots of vendors with moser rears and none of them have the same prices, who has the lowest prices?

I'm not trying to be cheap, it just bothers me that some companies claim under $2,000 and some claim $2,400.... thats just kinda weird.

I'm looking for a 9" with 40 splines, a 3.89 gear, aluminum center, control arm relocation brackets and 1/2 wheel studs.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Check with EPP and Tick.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EPP x2!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Nothing against our sponsors, But There are a lot cheaper places to buy one. I saved over $300 by shopping around, And couldn't be any happier with my set up.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jays00ss
Nothing against our sponsors, But There are a lot cheaper places to buy one. I saved over $300 by shopping around, And couldn't be any happier with my set up.
I can assure you that you didn't save over $300.00 on a Moser rear, because that is much more than I make on them. Bob
Old 03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

I'm probably gunna give EPP a call.... I have looked at them before and I was going to go with the fab 9..... but I'm not gunna be making the power to really justify the weight differences.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays00ss
Did you assemble your 3rd member yourself? I too shopped around and found that was the only real way to save any money at all.
For the OP, As I remember, I'd have been just as well off buying from Bob because his price included shipping where others do not. Wound up buying a DS from EPP though, and it showed up right on time as promissed. Sometimes you can be penny wise and pound foolish chasing $100 savings.
P.S. Remember, just because the housing shows up in a nice, clean box doesnt mean you dont have to clean it. You wouldnt just slap your pistons in a new block without cleaning it and the same applies for a rear axle. Get a blow gun and some cleaner and clean the **** out of it till the rags are clean when you wipe the inside of the housing. Otherwise you'll be singing the " my **** blew up" blues.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
Did you assemble your 3rd member yourself? I too shopped around and found that was the only real way to save any money at all.
For the OP, As I remember, I'd have been just as well off buying from Bob because his price included shipping where others do not. Wound up buying a DS from EPP though, and it showed up right on time as promissed. Sometimes you can be penny wise and pound foolish chasing $100 savings.
P.S. Remember, just because the housing shows up in a nice, clean box doesnt mean you dont have to clean it. You wouldnt just slap your pistons in a new block without cleaning it and the same applies for a rear axle. Get a blow gun and some cleaner and clean the **** out of it till the rags are clean when you wipe the inside of the housing. Otherwise you'll be singing the " my **** blew up" blues.
Thanks! Bob
Old 03-24-2008, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

I got mine from Bob!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I can assure you that you didn't save over $300.00 on a Moser rear, because that is much more than I make on them. Bob
Well Bob, I priced your rearend. And yes I saved $300 Buying it elsewhere. I also picked every componet that went into the Set up makeing it a custom build. They built the thirdmember in house and got the componets in it that I wanted, Not just a off the self unit.

I was not saying anything bad about your business, Just that for a savy consummer there are other choices out there.

Last edited by Jays00ss; 03-24-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
No My third member was assembled. Very happy with the set up and do not have any noise (Gear whine) other than the locker (which is to be expected) My rearend came out to $300 Less with shipping included. However, I did buy a Strange Pro Nodular thirdmember ( I think Strange makes a better product, too bad they don't make a 9" housing for the F-Body) which cost me more money than going with the moser, So I really saved even more.

Place I bought it from has been in business for 20 years (it is a true performance rear end and differential shop, and thats all they do) and customer service was Johnny on the spot with any and all concerns I had.

Last edited by Jays00ss; 03-24-2008 at 10:52 AM.