Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

4L60E Error Code PO785

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Error Code PO785

Guys and Gals

I really apologize if this question has been asked before but I have searched and not found the answer. I have a 97 Chev truck (4L60E) that I got the PO785 “Shift Solenoid Malfunction” error code last week. When warm it starts in 2nd or 3rd and will not shift into 4th and the converter will not lock. I went to the Chev house and they sold me two solenoids (identical) that think control the 1-2, 3-4 shift. They are located side by side at the front of the transmission. I replaced them and I have the same problem again and same error code. Note when it is cold everything works great. Only when it is warm does it not shift correctly.

Can anyone help? Did I replace the wrong solenoid?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Banned

the little electrical clip thing was broken/worn out on mine, so that when i installed the solenoid, it would hold, but wouldnt hold it tight enough to keep the circuit intact all the time. so it would throw the code every now and then/

maybe go back and check to make sure the connecters are in good shape, with nothing blcoking them from keeping a good strong connection.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Staging Lane

How many miles on the tranny? Stock converter?

Quick Reply: 4L60E Error Code PO785