Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI Head Question?????

Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI Head Question?????

I can't seem to figure out which head would work good for both N/A and FI. I am looking at the AFRs but cannot decide if I should get the 205cc or the 225cc. I want to get something that I will be able to use later in a good FI setup. For that setup I plan on keeping stock cubes and using a piston to lower the compression. I am planning on getting the twin turbo setup as funds become avaible, but I want to buy heads now.

If anyone has a good suggestion for a head that would work very well in both applicatons let me know.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ETP is my choice, I would stay in the 225 range with stock cubes, dont go any smaller, you dont want to outgrow your heads. Allpro and AFRs are also good heads. get something with a thick deck surface so you wont have to worry about lifting them under boost.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ETP, AFR, or AllPro all make excellent heads with nice thick decks. Since it sounds like you will be doing pistons later, go with 65cc chamber heads now. It will not drop your compression level any and the heads will give nice NA performance. When you change the pistons or get a new shortblock, -12cc pistons will give you 9.1:1 and -15cc ones will give you 8.8:1. For twins, I would go with -15cc pistons.

Keith

Search this Thread