PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech vs. Predator

Old 07-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hypertech vs. Predator

Which system would you use? Why? I need to get one or the other and I'm leaning towards the hypertech because it seems to be me most effective at recalibrating everything... But I need some honest opinions here. If you have one or the other please tell me what you like and dislike about the system. Thanx guys!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Hypertech vs. Predator

I think you have it backwards, Predator does a lot more than Hypertech.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

i currently am using hypertech if the predator was arround when i purchased my hpp3 i would have bought it. as far as a comaprsion the predator allows for you to fine tune, upgrade and scan along with every feature the hypertech has. if you are just gonna keep it real basic then hypertech is the way to go but i know is sure like to have that fine tune adjustment and the abilty to read my 02 sensors the predator allows conversly hypertechs are alot cheeper and very easy to use but like i said not upgradeable and limited on options
Old 07-27-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

and trust me even if your just starting oout you will quickly out grow the hypertech if you want a breakdown hypertech will allow you to : adjust revlimiter shift points shift firmness top speed limiter fan settings tire size and they have a prefab tunning included while predator will do all that they will also let you scan for engine trouble codes and delete them adjust your spark and fuel adjust not just shift firmness but shift duration and finally hypertech will not support their unit if you mod your car while predator will mail you a new cust tune which you can download thru email and use to fine tune your car once you add stuff like headders so i guess it all comes down to what you plan on doing if you plan on going past exaust gears and a thermostat then predator will be more useful to you and you wont end up selling your hpp3 like im gonna do soon
Old 07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Predator is better NO DOUBT, it's more expensive but you can really fine tune it yourself, where I think HPP3 just has like YES or NO Questions or pick one or the other. Plus, Predator will get rid of your Torque Management!!
Old 07-27-2003, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hypertech SUCKS very generic i know they have a 1 size fits all mentallity.

Search this Thread