LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vented or Non-Vented Opti

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vented or Non-Vented Opti

I have a 94 Camaro Z28 with the LT1 in it. Now ive had a ton of weird ignition problems and from what the tests that the mechanic it said that my ignition cylinders 1 and 3 were dead on the optispark. When tryin to replace it we ran into the problem with it being vented or non- vented. From what he says theres a little vent on it but from what everything else says.... that car needs a non-vented optispark. The car was previously owned and kind of ghetto rigged so i was wondering... what woul happen if it needed a non-vented and someone put a vented opti on it? would it run like ****? (the car has no power down low...can barely break them loose in the rain...) or would it not run at all? I need this help ASAP because my shop is waiting on which one it needs! thx for your imput.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://shbox.com/1/93-94_opti.jpg
http://shbox.com/1/opti_back.jpg

How does the back of your opti look?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx for the pics... after i posted this i spent a long time researching the difference and saw pictures similar to the ones you provided. Its in the shop right now and i gave them the vented optispark to replace the current one. Im crossing my fingers and hoping its the right one lol... everything on the outside is just like the vented but i didnt get to look at the back...