Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prob with my friend's hyundai

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default prob with my friend's hyundai

my friend is the owner of the shittiest car ever put into production, a hyundai accent. Its a 2001 with an automatic transmission. Im just trying to get a diagnosis for the problem. If any sponsers can chime in that will be extrmeley helpful. These are the problems:

Problem 1: Upon shifting the car out of park and into reverse or drive, the car jerks violently. if you let your foot off the brake, the car will not move, you must add gas for it to move.

Problem 2: transmission slips going into higher gears. it catches eventually, but it takes a while

Last edited by slayerized6; 03-27-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you should just get a new friend.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your friend needs to take it to a professional and have it repaired.

Or, better yet. Get a better car.

g
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by slayerized6
my friend is the owner of the shittiest car ever put into production, a hyundai accent. Its a 2001 with an automatic transmission. Im just trying to get a diagnosis for the problem. If any sponsers can chime in that will be extrmeley helpful. These are the problems:

Problem 1: Upon shifting the car out of park and into reverse or drive, the car jerks violently. if you let your foot off the brake, the car will not move, you must add gas for it to move.

Problem 2: transmission slips going into higher gears. it catches eventually, but it takes a while

Problem 3: my friend is a lazy idiot, his car has been sitting for over 3 months almost un-driveable. how to i make him get off his lazy ***, bring it to a repair shop and get it fixed?
HYUNDAI is and intersting transmission made by mitubiche . I have built more than a few. But from the sounds of it your freind is going to have to get it to someone to look at. They are notorious for electronics issues. The bad part is the resale value is so bad on them, But sounds like its in some version of limp mode and you need to have him get it scanned

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL they came along way.... I had the first Hyundai made, the Excel. Locked the motor up on the highway. The blowby was so bad I rigged the pvc to blow the oil into the wiper fluid reserve and pumped it back into the motor with the washer fluid pump. ROFL it was my first car and didnt have the money to get a new one.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

We called them throw away cars like apaper plate you used them till they died then throw them away

Call 888-744-6542