Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Low traction light because of 4.10's???

Old 03-29-2008, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low traction light because of 4.10's???

K guys I posted this before with no luck. Every now and then when I lightly get on the brake like when coming to a stop at a light my low traction light comes on and I get this loud ticking sound like TACK TACK TACK and the pedal like pulses a little bit. Any ideas? Could it be from the 4.10s??
Old 03-29-2008, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

To me it sounds like you might have an abs issue. Is the speedo reprogrammed for the 4.10s? I ran them in my car for a while before I used a hypertech to reprogram the speedo and I never has any issues. Obviously if the pedal is pulsing a bit its your abs. Where is the tack tack tack sound coming from? Like the engine compartment where the module is for the ABS? Is your ABS IN OP light coming on?
Old 03-29-2008, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the reply man. Nope, no ABS light comes on, thats what baffles me. Thats the first thing I was thinking. As for the speedo....yeah I reprogrammed it the day I put the in with my HPTuner.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

does your car have traction control on it? Im not sure how that would effect your braking. Ya know its weird. I also have a 96 firebird and when I just start it and am goin very slow the brakes are extremely grabby and the abs kicks on in the front being that it only has abs in the front. I guess it might be possible that your brake fluid might be bad. But im not an expert but its just an idea. The gears should have no effect on braking in terms of that.

If it doesnt do it until after you have been driving the car for a while your brake fluid might be bad. Does your braking feel any different like in terms of the pedal being more soft right before this happens? You certainly do have an interesting situation haha

Hopefully someone will chime in that is more knowledgeable than I am on the subject
Old 03-29-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the speed sensors in the backing plates fully seated? Have you looked over the wiring to make sure it didn't get pulled out/damaged during the 4.10 install? If all looks good, I would try and connect with the EBCM to see if there are any stored codes.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Hey 02TA, you know you may be on to something. The pedal does seem a little soft when it happens, but then again isnt that what happens as a function of the ABS. Another thing is I don't even have traction control.

Keliente, I'll go check those out tomorrow when I crawl back under her for all the work I gotta do. O yeah, got HPTuners and no codes.

thanks guys.

Search this Thread