Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ballpark figure for installed forged internals

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ballpark figure for installed forged internals

For anyone on here that has had it done or for any sponsors that want to chip in or PM me, I was just wondering what a ballpark cost is for install of forged pistons and rods. I would just bring the car to the shop and have it done there. I was thinking Diamond pistons and Compstar rods but I am open for suggestions.

Basically my mods at the present are SLP lid, smooth bellows, filter, Magnaflow c/b, later this year Hooker headers, and an O/R Y, tune, and then hopefully next year I would like to do the Livernois heads and cam. After that some kind of boost or spray, with the rods and pistons I would like to shoot for over 600 hp. Let me know any thoughts...thanks!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the piston is going to go off of if you go boost or spray. You need to decide before you start getting parts to forge your motor. For spray Diamond is great, thats what I am using in my motor I am building right now with Scat H-beam rods. If you have a shop do it and including parts you are most likely looking at 3000 to 5000 dollars depending on what parts you decide to go with. I am building my own and all of the parts are costing around 2000 to 2500 dollars, but I am getting all of the best parts because I am gonna spray alot.