PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could it still be pcm tuning or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question could it still be pcm tuning or something else?

hey guys, i just had my car dynotuned and everything. car drove fine on the way home and then it started bucking, surging, lunging forward and dying out on me and threw an SES light. then i sent them back my pcm with all the issues i had. i got it back, put the pcm back in and drove around the block a few times and it felt smooth. but yesterday, i was driving and still was having the same issues just slightly though. when i slow down for traffic, it seems like it surges a tad bit, and the rpms would rise a few hundred rpms, like its trying to find its idle and somewhat wants to lunge forward or sometimes die out. i was backing out the grocery store and it died out? and sometimes trying to park my car in the garage it would die out..so im wondering since it was already dynotuned, and mail order pcm tune would it still be the tuning? or could it be maybe the throttle body might need to be massaged more and also something else? its not a big cam..just a 230/227 cam.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it could be tuning but what is the problem with the tb? What was the ses code it threw?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
it could be tuning but what is the problem with the tb? What was the ses code it threw?
well, for the TB i heard it helps when u drill a hole and stuff like that. it threw a SES P0757 (shift solenoid stuck on), its an erroneous code that should have been deleted. anybody else?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i guess nobody else knows..
Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any way to post the tune or a log of the car while its having these problems? Any more info on your set up im guessing your an auto car and that the cam is on a 110-111 lsa.