LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

OBDII tuning info needed

Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDII tuning info needed

I have just purchased Jet DST and need some info on where I should start. First I will give all the vehicle info that I can. Any good info here would be greatly appreciated. I did read up on this some but it would be much easier to get started doing this with some good info or tunes to look at. I looked in the tuning section of the site but it looks to be ls1 info.

97 WS6 A4 stock internals and heads but does have a low 160 degree thermostat. It has a ford 9 inch with 3.70 gears PST aluminum drive shaft stock stall but I am not sure on shift kit as it hits a bit hard going into 2nd gear. I will be installing race version pacesetter coated long tubes within the next month with the off road y pipe going into a loud mouth 1 cat back. It does have an under drive pulley set up that may or may not stay on the car this year. More importantly someone in the past had used a hypertech tuner on it and I am not sure if it was set back to stock before it was sold to me. This is not a daily driver and honestly doesnt get driven much even in the summer as I dont take it to work since its very dusty there. I do race it a few times a month.

Does anyone have a stock factory tune for this car so I can be sure that the hypertech crap was uninstalled first off. Secondly does anyone have a tune for a car close to what I have that I could look at to get a good starting point for tuning.

Some of the things I can do right away like tuning out the egr and air. I would like to start trying to tune it a bit here for more power then take it up to the dyno with wide band o2 and finish it there. I dont want to pay for a 500 dyno tune since I will be adding heads cam package next year and have to pay to do it all over again. I can get 3 pulls with af readings for around 90 bucks and play with it myself there. I am assuming with the better flowing exhaust I should be able to tune in some more power then the factory tune or worse yet the hypertech tune is still in it which likely is costing me power now.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone???

Please help me out with this if you have any info at all

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBDII tuning info needed