Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats up with this crap.?.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whats up with this crap.?.

ok.ill start by telling you what i got and what is happening... my car is a full bolt on car with 3.73s a ss3600 and prolly weighs 3600lbs with me in it. its got the stock tranny with a deep pan a good tranny cooler and a temp gauge to keep my eye on things...

now the problem..or something

when it got cold out (winter) my tranny would bump the limiter on the 2-3 shift twice but only if i went from a dig or low roll (for it to grab 1st) if i hit it from a higher mph (where it only dropped to 2nd) it would shift fine.. also everynow and then from a dig it would just barley tap the limiter on the 1-2..i figured it was either time for a new tranny or i needed to up the line pressure on the 2-3 and lower the shift point a lil.. well i drove my car this weekend and it was a good 70 degrees out side..and i hit it from all different 1st gear rolls and a dig and it shifted flawlessly. i was like WTF so i tried a 50 roll, i went from every speed and it shifted perfectly..did it fix itself or is the temp outside have that big of a difference on the shift points on these trannies...

just to add my tranny temp was never over 160 mostly in the 150 range, my fluid is full. i check it once a week just incase. and i was spinning a lil from the hit but still shifting on time.. what is the deal? thanx

justin
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever have it tuned? Sounds similar to my car. I think when its cooler out and digs/lower rolls its spins to hard and goes straight to limiter.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah if you have the gears and a stall you need to get it tuned or else the comp will still have the same shift tables as your stock gears.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What trans temps were you seeing when it was colder out? Might be the converter acting differently because the fluids are slightly thicker with the cold temps.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Fluid at low temp is a little thicker and the PCM have a different strategy for cold.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

When it gets colder, your car should make more power from the dense air. If you can monitor your fuel usage under load, (wideband), you may find your computer has adjusted for the denser charge increasing power. You'll probably touch your rev limiter more often especially at night. You may have to adjust your trans strategies for the temps outside. We in Michigan wait all year long for this Canadian air in the fall, picking up as much as .4 tenths for free!! If you add a degree or two of timing, make sure to put it back as not to get spark knock and damage your engine. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

it has been dyno\street tuned at xxx motorsports here in pensacola..

the tranny temp was colder but not by much. i like to get it a lil warm b4 beating on it...ill send my tuner in here and see what he says..i just wanted someone that is a tranny pro. to take a look and give me an idea..thanx
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone else?