Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for cam info..what should I try!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for cam info..what should I try!?

I have been through a few different cams in my car..but none have been great..I have TEA 5.3 S2 head's and they are not milled..I am looking for something HUGE and makes great power along with good N20 usage...so anyway's..I was looking at the G5X-2 wich would be awesome..but i need to cut the pistons because of the 2.02 intake valve..and I dont want to weaken the piston anymore than it already is..Also where can I get the rev spring's that are better than the 987 duals?..The one's they use with the g5x2..i beleive they use the rev 111-6's..but not posotive about that..where can I get those with good retainer's and spring seat's?..I am very interested in a cam choice so any help would be apreaciated ..BTW my cam right now is 224/230 .568"/.573" 114 lsa...and it sucks ***..car only pulled 376 rwhp through my a4 with s2 heads and LS1 intake..car has longtubes pully ect..Help me!

Carter
Old 07-27-2003, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Looking for cam info..what should I try!?

well...the lS1 intake is not helping you make hp and those power levels.....

people have flycut factory pistons without problem but I wouldn't...expecially if I were planing to spray on top of it.....I would say its time to pull the short block and rebuild with better fasseners and forged pistons....