Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

CMS Dyno Results...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up CMS Dyno Results...

The much anticipated, long and awaited... Now COMPLETE

As many of you know, my car has been at CMS for a while, and I have been nibbling at the bits to pick up my baby after not seeing her for 6 months! Not to mention I did not know what to expect. All I kept hearing was "it's a totally different animal" and "it sounds beasty as hell"

Well, last Monday I finally was able to make the trip from Phoenix back to Lake Elsinore, CA where my car was at CMS. Needless to say, after the first start up I was grinning ear to ear and couldn't contain myself. To be quite honest the car scared me shitless and I could barely get myself to drive it

I'll list the mods that Ryne did just for those of you that didn't already know... Basically he did a whole engine swap for me from my previous mostly stock LS1

Mods:

LQ4 6.0L 364c.i.
224/224 .581 lift 114lsa
AFR 205 Mongoose Heads
BBK LT's
BBK ORY
BBK TB
BBK IM
Magnaflow CB
CMS TUNE

needless to say, the car IS in fact a BEAST like everyone mentioned. It pulls like a friggin freight train and the torque doesn't stop pulling (as you can see from the dyno)

Just a little background...

Ryne really helped me out getting my car fixed after my last engine took a dump. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for his help, I probably would have had to cut a ton of losses on the car and sell it. He worked meticulously for a straight week getting the tune perfected and wouldn't settle for any less. As a matter of fact, before I left for my four and a half hour trip from SoCal back to Phoenix this morning, he even met up with me at his shop on a Sunday morning to double check and make sure everything was buttoned up good for the long first trip back.

The whole way back, the car ran flawlessly... Great oil pressure, great temps, and nothing but a solid healthy grunt in 6th gear cruising at 85-90 on the way back.

Mike and CJ at the shop were also a HUGE help. These guys just stunned me with their knowledge of these cars and attention to detail. I found myself just hanging out at the shop during the week to shoot the **** and learn a few things as well.

and finally... here's the impressive dyno runs... check out that torque curve! Pulls all the way to 7k and doesn't stop! It's INSANE!

again I'd just like to express my thanks to Ryne, Mike, and CJ... those guys are awesome and without their help, this never would have been possible.

lemme know if anyone has any questions...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

With that 12.2 and 12.5 air fuel ratio I'd would ask why. Why not 13 to 1 across the board. Just a tad rich on the bottom half.

With that being said it looks like you got a TQ monster. Glad to hear you got to drive 4 1/2 hours to get reacquainted. Keep us updated.

Do you know what the heads were milled to ?? What's the compression on the motor.

GOOD STUFF BRO !!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 on the A/F
Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

nice numbers sir, those 205 heads are great for drivability and tq. You have a great mild setup there that makes great power. Im sure you very happy with it!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, very nice numbers. Going to the track anytime soon?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
With that 12.2 and 12.5 air fuel ratio I'd would ask why. Why not 13 to 1 across the board. Just a tad rich on the bottom half.

With that being said it looks like you got a TQ monster. Glad to hear you got to drive 4 1/2 hours to get reacquainted. Keep us updated.

Do you know what the heads were milled to ?? What's the compression on the motor.

GOOD STUFF BRO !!!
to be honest i'm not too sure what a good a/f ratio would be... I know it's supposed to be between 12-13 or something like that... but i'm really unfamiliar with this area of the car. But I do live in Phoenix where it gets really hot and I'm guessing it's that way to compromise for detination in the heat??

the heads were milled to 59cc and the compression I believe is 11:1 or 11:2:1

I'll try and get Ryne @ CMS in here to answer a lot of these techinical questions...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Not bad for the small cam. What rear and gears in that car?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
Not bad for the small cam. What rear and gears in that car?
stock 10-bolt with the stock 3.42's

I don't take her to the track though, and I'm a pretty conservative driver... course i find it harder these days not to let loose on the throttle
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

If it's just a cruiser, keep that rear and gear till she blows. With that torque curve those gears should be fun on the street and still give decent MPGs.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congats on a nicely rounded power package. Ryne and the crew are great guys.

Enjoy your new found power.

Richard
Old 04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea i'm thinking of upgrading the gears a little to help with the "chugging" at low putting speeds around town...