Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get a solid lifter and checking spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a solid lifter and checking spring

I need to check my PTV clearance and from what I have read I need to use a solid lifter instead of my hydraulic lifter when I do the checking. I also need a checker spring (I assume less spring pressure).

Does anyone know where I can get these. Thunder racing (where I got my pushrod checker) did not seem to know what I was talking about.

Looking for help/suggestions.

Thanks

2GOFAST
Old 03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2gofast
I need to check my PTV clearance and from what I have read I need to use a solid lifter instead of my hydraulic lifter when I do the checking. I also need a checker spring (I assume less spring pressure).

Does anyone know where I can get these. Thunder racing (where I got my pushrod checker) did not seem to know what I was talking about.

Looking for help/suggestions.

Thanks

2GOFAST
I made my checker lifters. I disassembled old LS1 lifters and epoxied the spring/pluger upon reassembly.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally use the lifters that are going into the motor when measuring for pushrods and checking PTV clearance. Use a spring just strong enough to hold up the valve and you won't even come close to compressing the lifter plunger. You can get springs at any hardware store.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
I personally use the lifters that are going into the motor when measuring for pushrods and checking PTV clearance. Use a spring just strong enough to hold up the valve and you won't even come close to compressing the lifter plunger. You can get springs at any hardware store.
I did that also the on the only H/C project I undertook. I saw no difference between using my epoxied LS1 lifters and the new LS7 lifters.

Quick Reply: Where to get a solid lifter and checking spring