Notices

Customary for members to ignore your posts here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customary for members to ignore your posts here?

OK, I am a newbie, not to the net, not to cars, not to much of anything but this site.

But, I am having pretty bad luck with parts for sale here I want to buy or posting wanted to buy and having or making offers but then not heard from again.

Venting a bit, I have very little time to waste as have an exceptionally busy life, please respond if serious, please do not if not, simple really

Rick
Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Resident

the biggest thing is you are new. Most people shy away from new people as they are more likely to get scammed out of money from a new guy to the site. Also, with no trader rating, people don't really know what kind of parts you are selling and if they can trust what you have to offer. Good description and Pictures are a must. Also, mosey on around the boards and post up some responses, that will help you get known a little better around this large community.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

I know buddy but I just do not have much time, 16 hours a day on my business during the week, at least 5 a day on weekends and building a race car at the same time, a very extensive build at that.

That is why I post my different IDs and to look me up, rick@raamaudio.com, RAAMmat, RAAMaudio, raam on ebay, fortunately I have a very very good reputation(part of why I have to work so much now.

Two edged sword is a proper term, I have money for all kinds of cool stuff but not much time to enjoy it, glad I love my work

(I also type incredibly fast

Thanks
Rick
Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Many people leave adds and never check them. I find it best to send a PM. I get more responses that way.

Re'
Old 04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks, unfortunately it has been a PM problem as well, not always but far more often than I have seen on other forums.

Rick

Retired USN
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I've noticed the wanted section gets ignored. You post an add and then see 3 of them for sale. If you're looking for stock stuff this is an ok forum but good aftermarket stuff usually get sold in the for sale section.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks, I will look there more often then

Rick