Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an M6 SS Camaro

Old 07-28-2003, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Killed an M6 SS Camaro

Pulled into a Chevron gas station and right in behind a '98+ SS Camaro. I was with my wife and there were 2 passengers in his car, the driver wasn't in the car when I pulled in. We could see both passengers looking back at us with great interest though !

As I was filling the car the driver came out of the station and kind of nodded at me. I did the same, but no words were spoken. Anyway we both get done filling our tanks at about the same time and I'm behind him trying to pull out into heavy traffic. Once he pulled out it took me a minute to pull out so I was 6-7 cars behind him on a 55mph 2 lane highway. I passed a few cars to get closer to him, but traffic was bad and the road turns to 4 lanes after about 5 miles so I just waited.

Once we get to where the lanes double up I manage to sneak past him through the random forces of traffic flow. I broke free from the pack with open road ahead of me, but I stayed at about 60 mph waiting to see if he was going to do anything. I saw him in my rear view mirror finally work his way past the lead cars in the pack and he starts coming up fast !

He switches lanes to pass me, it's obvious he's trying to blow past me! I hit 3rd and punch it, but his momentum carries him right on past me as we take it up to 120 mph or so. We catch up to another pack of cars about a mile ahead of the pack that we just left so we both slow down. I guess that's a win of sorts for him.They're all throwing thumbs up to me,and start to pass one of the cars in the new pack. I'm not done racing with him yet though ! I honked at him several times thinking that we'd both slow down to 30 mph or so and go again He started slowing down rapidly and drops back beside me and I start slowing too ... he actually comes to a complete stop in the middle of this freeway we're on !!! I wasn't expecting that

Anyway he yells at me to do the 3 honk start which I do. 1st gear I bog, then spin a little, he was right beside me so his launch wasn't much better. On the 1-2 shift I gain a fender and pull another through the rest of the gear putting his nose at the back of my door. Hit 3rd gear and now I'm steadily, but slowly pulling away. Took it up to 120 or so and had maybe 1 1/2 cars on him. He had 2 passengers to my 1, but I have a 4 point rollbar so weight wise we were pretty close ... Nice tight race, I love those kind

BTW the only mods I could tell he had was an aftermarket exhaust. It also is the 2nd SS I've raced, the other was an A4 with exhaust, and from a dig also. I pulled him hard ... to the tune of about 5 cars to 110 or so.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Killed an M6 SS Camaro

Wow, sounds like a great race. I wish mine were this good! I always end up finding a car that's way too fast or a car that is a slug, or I end up breaking something on my car. Congrats man, nice death/kill, sounds like you had a fun night!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When thumbs up(s) are exchanged, all is good.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah it was a pretty cool exchange. Fun was had by all and it kept a smile on my face all night long
Old 07-28-2003, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be careful in traffic

nice kill

oh and paragraphs are your friend
Old 07-28-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Good kill. Definitely put a smile on my face as well. You know we've gotta keep those Chevy guys in line . Just kidding of course, we're all on the same team.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

be careful in traffic

nice kill

oh and paragraphs are your friend
Edited above so I could make some paragraphs with nice big gaps in between them for your viewing pleasure Sometimes I just start typing and forget all about proper form
Old 07-29-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great kill....Stopping in the middle of the freeway??.....I've done that but it was 2 a.m.......Talk about spontaneous!!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool kill!, as long as your not putting anyone else in danger. :p

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Killed an M6 SS Camaro