Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal feel for clutches...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pedal feel for clutches...

After reading some posts on this lately, I've come to a conclusion that my "LS7" clutch has a pretty damn heavy feel to it. It takes much more force than my old LS1 clutch to press in.

I didn't think much about it until reading some references as to how light this clutch feels. I know how a C6 Z06 feels as I've driven one, I consider that probably the lightest clutch I've felt, like it wasn't even there. Then there was the Solstice clutch which was light as well and pretty much not there similar to the LS7 in the vette.

This is with 01-02 hydraulics and drill mod with Dot 4 synthetic. The only thing I like about my clutch is probably how well it transmits the "I've grabbed" feel vs I'm slipping. It's not quite on off, but it transmits it well to my foot as opposed to the other cars.

Light->Heavy
C6 Z06 (LS7) = Solstice < Stock LS1 F-Body < LS7 in F-Body

My guess is the spring in the 01-02 master and the spring on the throwout bearing is the culprit behind the heavy feel as I can't think of anything else different between the z06 and my clutch...

Anyone else care to add to this observation?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LS7 started out very light and as time went on it got heavier.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that happened to mine as well, I've got probably 20k on it now. I remember it grabbing off the floor, but I don't ever remember it being hard to press. It's not like it's slipping or clutch dragging. It's just compared to other clutches, it's heavy. I'll talk to a few local guys about their LS7 since I know a few that installed this winter.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my LS7 this weekend... its VERY light and grabs right off the floor right now ( ~80-100 miles on it) but I have no issues shifting whatsoever. My Spec clutch that was in it was pretty heavy feel.