Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

4.3L Intake Gasket Divider

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Red face 4.3L Intake Gasket Divider

On a 95832 set of gaskets (to be used in a 94 S10,) they lack the divider portion between the paired cylinders.

Their included notation states that it isn't important because of the recessed divider wall in the head. Well, this truck doesn't have a recessed divider wall. Needless to say I'm hesitant to use them.

Normally the intake runners are pretty long including the lower and upper manifolds; on the order of TPI. So to have a leak on 4 cylinders out of 6 on an even fire engine sounds like a bad idea to me.

Hoping I can get ahold of Fel-Pro today.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look for a gasket that fits an earlier model (try early to mid 80's) 229ci Chevy 90* V-6. (This was also refered to as a 3.8L, but the Chevy version has no interchangability with the more common Buick 3.8L V-6 engines.)

Edit: Some later model Vortec motors may also be divided, if so, that's a whole different bolt pattern. Take an old gasket to the parts store and match it up to be sure you get the correct one.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, the parts place I usually go to (independent guy who knows what I'm talking about when I ask obscure questions) originally pulled the gaskets for a 94 with TBI. Maybe I should have taken those with me.