Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help....

Well, I installed my C1 cam and everything is great as far as the cam goes, but I started to hear a very loud rattling noise. It was very irritating so I decided to check it out. I looked underneath the car a my off road pipe is rattling against my car on the bottom. I should of expected that when I changed uot the cam but I didn't think about it. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what can I do to fix it? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanx,

Jason
Old 07-28-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help....

My guess is, your Y-pipe is very close to your floor boards, but with the larger cam with more lope, the increased shaking from the engine is making the pipe bang on the floor boards more. There's very little you can do about it, apart from hammer a dent into the floor board where its banging, or totally remove the Y-pipe and try to refit it and see if that gives you a little more clearance.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I already tried to refit (that wasn't the problem) it and it seems to just lope and shake the motor too much. I thought maybe some else might be having the same problem i'm having. Thanks for your reply, anyone else?

Thanx,

Jason
Old 07-29-2003, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT...
Old 07-29-2003, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand what you are expecting us to say? A magical way to make your engine stop shaking or a new part that will somehow make the exhaust pipe not make any noise when it slams against your floor board? I dont mean to be ignorant, but you identified what your problem is, and you know why it happened. Apart from removing your cam and putting in a less lopey one, or getting a new Y-pipe that hangs lower, there is nothing you can do.