Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame

Still working on the final mock up before I cut the frame.

I have the headers mocked up and now see that it may be very difficult to get the AC lines into the AC compressor even if I do get it mounted up in the stock location with the notched frame.

I would really appreciate pictures of how you did it. My AC lines come straight out the back of the unit. I do have an corvette pulley setup on my LS2.

Thanks much
Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Launching!

http://ssl.hostingplatform.com/30729...de=1ABCGLCECSH Try brp they have a mont that they say will work without notching the fream. It is about $150 dollers.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just so you know , i will being installing my new sanden compressor ( side exit )without notching the frame . i will have to fab my own brackets and use a longer belt on the main pulley . i refuse to pay s&p prices for a couple of brackets or ati for a custom damper .JOHN

7&
Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BRP, where does your brackets place the sanden compressor?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
Here some pics of where it sits with the LH8 oil pan with the F-body Accessories let me know if you have any questions about the A-bodys

Also I can dig some photos up of the old notches I use to do on the A-bodys with the F-body oil pan

I also have brackets to adapt the Sanderson compressor as well if you don’t want to fabe them up
I would greatly appreciate the photos of the notching of the frames that you did in the past.

Also could we see some pictures of the Sanderson Compressor with brackets and pulley. Also what is the cost on this setup. Thanks

Ben
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I didnt have to notch my frame with my setup with the factory a/c compressor and truck accesories.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am using BRP style with relocated frame mounts. My compressors manifold exits the rear.. I took the stock LS1 Manifold to my Tubing shop and had him cut the lines/hoes and crimp the stock A-Body end on and connected them up. I don't have any pictures, but I can take some tonight and post for you so that you can get a idea of what your trying to fab up.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is using our aftermarket accessory drive that we offer.... I am confident a stock compressor will fit..... This is also with our standard mounts......

Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
FormerVendor

Here is some pics of the AC adapter brackets it lets you use the OEM accessories and just uses the existing mounting holes. I also have the lower bracket not shown, I just can find the install pics but ill keep looking here is what it looks like on the car its on a LS1 with stock F-body accessories and will work on the GTO style as well. Ill can have them shipped to your door for $95. Just cut off the two casting tabs that you do not use and it slides right in with the GM accessories.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame-img_0001.jpg   A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame-img_0002.jpg   A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame-img_0003.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
ac notch old kit.bmp (259.8 KB, 953 views)
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bczee
I am using BRP style with relocated frame mounts. My compressors manifold exits the rear.. I took the stock LS1 Manifold to my Tubing shop and had him cut the lines/hoes and crimp the stock A-Body end on and connected them up. I don't have any pictures, but I can take some tonight and post for you so that you can get a idea of what your trying to fab up.
If you could take some pictures, I would appreciate it much.

Thanks

Ben
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Couldn't really get a great shot for you.. but here is what I could get

Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=bczee;9121458]Couldn't really get a great shot for you.. but here is what I could get

Thanks very much for taking the pictures of your AC compressor. It helped me to go ahead and cut the frame. I made sure to cut way more than enough so that I have options of running the AC compressor lines.

BTW, how do you like your Hotckis A-Arms and suspension?

Was it worth the money?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am using the B-Body spindle conversion also.. This is what I have found out after doing my conversion with the Hotchkis setup..

With the B-Body Spindles and the 1"-1 1/2" lower springs (Hotchkis) and the weight of the LS1.. It didn't lower the car any ! LOL.. if you look at my pictures. it is just about stock height now.. so.. I am going to cut the script 1/2 coil.

It does corner very flat and feel like it is very stable. Even with the bit of Bump Steer due to the B-Body Steering arm location.

Even with the better suspension setup.. I feel that I still need to go to a quicker steering box (12 or 14:1) to get a better steering response.

keep posting your project status..
Old 04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

I found the images of the Sanderson adapter bracket being installed hope this helps, I also have my 64 GTO in the shop with the LS engine sitting in so once I finish taken photos of how to do the tran mod ill post some pictures of how it fits with the new kit

Phil
Old 04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Launching!

I found the images of the Sanderson adapter bracket being installed hope this helps, I also have my 64 GTO in the shop with the LS engine sitting in so once I finish taken photos of how to do the tran mod ill post some pictures of how it fits with the new kit

Phil[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting but I have already cut the frame for the AC compressor.

Quick Reply: A Body Guys, Show me your AC compressor Mounted with notched Frame