Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LCAs?

Hey so I know im not very active but Im trying to learn about LCAs.

Basically my car is a 100% DD. its a V6. Currently its got the Y87 Package,Full Intake and Exhaust. Ive got a Walbro 255 to go in. and I wanna drop some on some suspension parts.

I cannot afford to get my springs/shocks combo now but I wanna get some other stuff.

Im thinking about starting with LCAs,STB,SFCs.

Everyone is telling me that LCAs with Poly bushings and Rod Ends are bad.

Forgive me but Im a noob to suspension but aren't rod ends only on the Adjustiable LCAs? I really dont want the adjustiables as I dont know what I would even do with them or why I would even need them?

Im planning on getting the UMI LCAs with Poly bushings.. and they are gonna give me relocation brackets for cheap so that later when I lower with my spring/shock combo I will already have it and can then re-algin my car.

So what do I need? whats good whats bad? whos got advice for me!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Im planning on getting the UMI LCAs with Poly bushings..
Thanks for considering our products!

For a daily driven car you are making the correct choice by going with the non-adjustable set-up with polyurethane bushings. This set-up will be comfortable on the street and help reduce the wheel hop as well. They will also work excellent with the relocation brackets if you purchase them as well.

Based on your driving I see no need for any type of adjustable control arms or rod ended set-up.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Basically my car is a 100% DD. its a V6. Currently its got the Y87 Package,Full Intake and Exhaust. Ive got a Walbro 255 to go in. and I wanna drop some on some suspension parts.

I cannot afford to get my springs/shocks combo now but I wanna get some other stuff.

Forgive me but Im a noob to suspension but aren't rod ends only on the Adjustiable LCAs? I really dont want the adjustiables as I dont know what I would even do with them or why I would even need them?

Im planning on getting the UMI LCAs with Poly bushings.. and they are gonna give me relocation brackets for cheap so that later when I lower with my spring/shock combo I will already have it and can then re-algin my car.

I would stick with the basics a good set of poly non adjustable lower control arms and a set of bolt on lower control arm relocation brackets. Both of these parts will work great now and even better on a lowered vehicle.

We have a SALE running until next Monday on both of these items plus more!! Here is a link to the sale page-

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/taxrefundsale.htm

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-04-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks a bunch. Nice to see the sponsors step in to answer questions!

So what/who would actually need the Adjustiable Rod End LCAs?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks a bunch. Nice to see the sponsors step in to answer questions!

So what/who would actually need the Adjustiable Rod End LCAs?
You might need the adjustable lowers if you are planning on running a large diameter tire and need to be able to adjust the tire front to back for clearance. Or you might need them after installing a aftermarket rear end if it's slightly off.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Im already running a larger tire. 17x11 rims out back with 315s on them. Sure its much more then I need for my car but I got it for the look mostly.

They don't really rub on anything or bind. so I guess I wouldnt need them for that. Im not plannin on a new or aftermarket rear so guess I wont be needing it for that.

I was told they are also used to help fine tune your suspension so that you can get everything in-line and get the best outta your car. is that true?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are you planning on major power adders? i dont think you need subframe connectors, lower control arms or a new fuel pump but if your planning on a turbo kit they sounds like good investments. otherwise a set of springs is is relatively cheap and an appearance mod aswell
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

As mentioned before, Poly ended LCAs are the way to go in your situation.
The SFCs will stiffen up the chassis and makes the car feel more solid.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Im already running a larger tire. 17x11 rims out back with 315s on them. Sure its much more then I need for my car but I got it for the look mostly.
The 315 tires will be fine, once you get into a 325 or a 28"+ tall slick then the adjustable LCA'a would come in handy. I say the polyurethane set-up is good for your application.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

I have UMI LCA's and they made the cars ride a little stiffer but I do not have relocation brackets. Don't know if that makes a difference in the ride.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need relocation brackets for the non adjustable LCA's? I thought they would bolt to stock location. Thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope.
Originally Posted by kicksZ28
Do you need relocation brackets for the non adjustable LCA's? I thought they would bolt to stock location. Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No, you will not need relocation brackets for the non adjustable lower control arms......

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO lca did really nothing to help me get any traction...torque arm was the most beneficial followed by lca brackets
Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LCA relocation brackets are not required, but there are benefits to using them.

by using the relocation brackets, you will increase traction by increasing the amount of downward force that is applied to the rear wheels on launch. also, when you lower the car, it is highly recommended that you get relocation brackets in order to regain lost LCA angle caused in the process of lowering.

they're cheap enough to do, anyway, so i would (and did) get them....and they're an easy bolt-in addition (you can always have them welded in later if you decide to keep them). and by buying bolt-ins instead of weld-ins, if you don't like them for whatever reason, you can just remove them and sell them to someone else.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the replies..

Im not planning any major power adders at this time. Ive mainly thought about motor swaps down the line.

but im really just trying to get the most out of what I have and replace a few things on the way out.

I figure the subframe connectors would stiffen up the car make it feel a little more solid? and the LCAs I was told help out a lot?

as far as the walbro goes... My stocker makes a lot of sounds so I figure I would swap since I got the walbro at a good deal during a GP.

My 315 tires are an all apperance thing; got them to kinda give it that murder your child type look.

Quick Reply: LCAs?