Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear swaybar upside down!!! Endlinks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Rear swaybar upside down!!! Endlinks?

Please excuse the length, but I need help ASAP so I don't ruin my Konis. So when my Moser 12 bolt was installed, the rear swaybar was installed upside down. Now that I changed my shocks (Koni) and springs (Strano) I noticed this. So currently the bushings that go around the axle fit fine. I think the shop used u bolts for a 9" rear because it also has an axle that is 3" in diameter. Herein lies the problem:

The endlinks are bent and and are rubbing on my shocks. I need to know what endlinks will work. I plan on installing the stock rear swaybar CORRECTLY today, but I need to find new endlinks. I know there are aftermarket kits that allow you to install rear swaybars on aftermarket rear ends. But I don't need a whole kit, just the endlinks. Will stock endlinks work? Plus, I plan on upgrading to Strano swaybars eventually, so I don't want to buy poly endlinks yet because I will get new endlinks when I purchase those. Thanks guys, any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go over to you local parts store and tell them your make and model and they should have endlinks. I broke one of mine last week trying to release the sway bar so I could install my Koni's and strano's. I just went over to Advance Auto Parts and they had them for around $5 a piece. They will work fine until you get Sams sway bars as I plan to do.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock endlinks will work even though I have a Moser 12 bolt. I know the endlinks don't connect to it, but I don't want the rearend to get in the way. Also do all the bushings and nuts come with new endlinks?

Last edited by Nick D; 04-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock rear end links connect to the body, not the rear if memory serves. the only thing that should be connected to the rear is where your bushings go over the bar towards the middle
Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with NAPA, $14. Sounds like a good deal.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya the rear endlinks bolt to body and sway bar ends. The bushings is what bolts to the rear

Quick Reply: Rear swaybar upside down!!! Endlinks?