Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

just thinking out loud...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just thinking out loud...

Well I almost bought a Joe Gibbs pickup the other day but after thinking about it I didn't want another payment. Only thing now it I'm wanting a supercharged vehicle. I want a magna charger I've seen them fit in camaros with some mods but I don't think they put enough power out for the price. I always liked turbos just because they sound mean as hell also and I have seen higher gains from them it seems like. If I'm going to spend around $5,000 for either one I want the most power for my bucks. (within reason I'm not shooting for 8's)

Yeah yeah I know I will need to build my motor so I can push more psi but even then it seems that turbos out perform superchargers.

They both sound bad ***. I have heard most of the pros and cons from each.

I've been searching in the threads but there are so many of them that are the same thing and all people say is "try a search"

My car is a DD and I know my cam I have now wouldn't work for either one. But if I do go on and go forced induction I'll buy a LSX block and build it over time Hell I might build all of this and put it in another Camaro.

I'm mostly just thinking out loud but and advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Check out my sale for the single kit!!!! You can use the base kit now and jump to a t6 later when your ready.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/895465-98-02-ohio-forced-inductions-3-day-sale-4695-95-a.html

Either way you go sc/tc you will love the way it feels.

Thanks Joel
Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a damn nice kit! At first I was thinking a great heres another rear mount kit... lol I hate those...

How much of a gain do you typically see with the kit?? Just a ballpark number is fine I know every set up if different.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
Thats a damn nice kit! At first I was thinking a great heres another rear mount kit... lol I hate those...

How much of a gain do you typically see with the kit?? Just a ballpark number is fine I know every set up if different.
With a stock setup and valve springs 550rwhp with 9-10 psi and a safe tune will be reached. I wouldnt go to much more on a stock setup though.

Thanks Joel
Old 04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats good. I wont be able to buy anything for a while so I'll miss out on your sale, but I will keep you in mind in the future

Quick Reply: just thinking out loud...