Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Pad Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad Help

Hey guys, I've recently been having a squeaking noise coming from my passenger rear wheel area... I had my friend drive my car slowly down the street with me walking beside it so I could figure out where it was coming from and so far as i can tell it seems to be coming from the rear passnger wheel area...

my friend thinks i need to replace my pads. The previous owner of the car changed the rotors to slotted which is the reason my friend thinks i should change my pads to get rid of the noise.. but the previous owner never told me if he changed the calipers.. i took the wheel off today and on the rear passenger caliper it said PBR made in Australia..

I have 2 questions... first, is it possible that this noise is coming from the brakes. and second.. if i were to get new pads.. would I have to order some special ones or will any regular ones work??

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

EDIT: The squeaking noise is not the same type of noise heard from SQUEALING worn brakes... just wanted to clarify.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Iggz
Hey guys, I've recently been having a squeaking noise coming from my passenger rear wheel area... I had my friend drive my car slowly down the street with me walking beside it so I could figure out where it was coming from and so far as i can tell it seems to be coming from the rear passnger wheel area...

my friend thinks i need to replace my pads. The previous owner of the car changed the rotors to slotted which is the reason my friend thinks i should change my pads to get rid of the noise.. but the previous owner never told me if he changed the calipers.. i took the wheel off today and on the rear passenger caliper it said PBR made in Australia..

I have 2 questions... first, is it possible that this noise is coming from the brakes. and second.. if i were to get new pads.. would I have to order some special ones or will any regular ones work??

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

EDIT: The squeaking noise is not the same type of noise heard from SQUEALING worn brakes... just wanted to clarify.

No special pads are needed. I use Hawk pads with my slotted and crossed drilled Powerstops. The rear calipers are stock on my 2000 SS and they are stamped PBR made in Australia . Check your rubber bushings for wear...if they look dry spray them with some warm soapy water and then test for the squeak.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Teching In

hmm alright i shall give taht a shot.. provided it doesn't work.. would my next step be to get new pads? when i took off the wheel it didnt seem like the rear pads were worn down very much cuz they were roughly the same length as the back plate