Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Reverse lockout

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Reverse lockout

I need help please,

I have a 2000 Camaro SS and just did an A4 to M6 swap and am trying to get the reverse inhibit function to work.

On the PCM connector C2 (red) I swapped the #48 wire (light green, trans shift solenoid A) and moved it to #44 (light green, rev inhibit solenoid control).
At the reverse inhibit solenoid I used the 12V wire from the A4 harness (pink, pin E, trans solenoid power) and the #44 wire just swapped at the PCM (light green).

A Buddy of mine is doing all the computer tweaking but he is missing something because when I start the car I have to muscle it into reverse.

I checked continuity from the PCM connector to the solenoid connector and its good, I checked the 12V on the pink wire at the solenoid connector and its there, I grounded out the light green wire at the solenoid connector and the solenoid totally works and it shifts into reverse easily.

But when I start the car the solenoid wont activate.

What do I need to do to get this to work so I dont have to muscle it into reverse??

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!

Craig
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

I forgot the number for the pin in the VCM (it's in one of the stickys, I put it there).
You need to run a wire from key on power to one terminal on the solenoid, the other terminal goes to a pin added to the vehicle control module (VCM) aka ecm/engine computer, etc. The pin you add provides a ground and activates the solenoid under 5 mph.
You should add a diode to this circuit.
Most important you need to do a rewrite on the VCM, you need to have a M6 program in the VCM. Once you reflash it, some VCM output pins do different things.
I didn't use anything from my auto trans wire harness and my car works like factory, rev lockout, cruise, etc. If you want CAGS you do use the white wire in the A4 harness.

EDIT I GUESS I'LL COPY AND PASTE THIS TO ALL THREE POSTS YOU PUT UP ABOUT THIS, PICK ONE AND DELETE THE OTHERS.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:53 PM

Cool

Thanks for your reply 9000th01ss.

So I got all the wiring done and its correct (Ive got all the schematics). Its the programming Im having trouble with.

My Buddy doing the programming didn't want to load a 6 speed program in my PCM because of VIN issues. So he has been comparing the M6 program to my A4 program and coping over any differences. So far everything is great but the reverse inhibit solenoid still doesn't work.

Anyone out there have experience with A4 to M6 program tweaks with LS1 Edit ?

Thanks,
Craig

Quick Reply: Reverse lockout