Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stange mustang shocks installed. pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default stange mustang shocks installed. pics.

the foxbody strange rears are only 60 bucks. great alternative to a leaking 160 dollar qa1.
the shock tube is too large to fit a stock mount, so youll need to use a madman type setup and they should be near a direct bolt on. i run some panhard rod clevis that are welded on. few bucks cheaper than the madman, and serve the same purpose.
the lower mount had a bit of steel i had to hit off with a grinder. it stuck out longer than the rubber bushing. it may have been just my set, or they all could be like this.
yes.... they will fit a camaro with a lil machining.
the foxbody strange rears are only 60 bucks. great alternative to a leaking 160 dollar qa1.
the shock tube is too large to fit a stock mount, so youll need to use a madman type setup and they should be a direct bolt on. i run some panhard rod clevis that are welded on. few bucks cheaper than the madman, and serve the same purpose.
the lower mount had a bit of steel i had to hit off with a grinder. it stuck out longer than the rubber bushing. it may have been just my set, or they all could be like this.
thanks to adam for machining my spindles, and threading the struts for me.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job......now finish it fewl!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

You can also buy the generic shock hardware (like in picture below) and they'll bolt right on.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rel3rd
You can also buy the generic shock hardware (like in picture below) and they'll bolt right on.

cool to know. i couldnt test them on a completely stock setup, so i didnt want people to think they werea factory type replacement. the tubes are quite a bit bigger than any f body shock ive seen.

how do the shocks work for you?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

They worked great with the hardware kits pictured above, but then I swapped to a 1" Spohn rear swaybar and it hit the *****. Then I did exactly what you have above, and hardware hit swaybar and the lower control arms...so I sold them...lol...

The 1" swaybar seemed to do a lot more for keeping the car level than the shocks did, so the loser in this case was the shocks.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:49 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rel3rd
They worked great with the hardware kits pictured above, but then I swapped to a 1" Spohn rear swaybar and it hit the *****. Then I did exactly what you have above, and hardware hit swaybar and the lower control arms...so I sold them...lol...

The 1" swaybar seemed to do a lot more for keeping the car level than the shocks did, so the loser in this case was the shocks.
i have a 1" sway bar as well. its a pretty tight fit, but everything is all clear on mine.
ive had the bar forever. im not sure if there has been a design change, but this is good info for anyone else wanting to try them out.
a stock bar and my car would leave crooked. the 1" bar and it launches strait every pass.