PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have some questions about ls1 edit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have some questions about ls1 edit.

Well I actually have several.... but that would take a while. I would actually just like some basic info. Yanno kinda describe what it would be like to use it. To my knowledge I can delete torque management, the rear o2's, egr and air, correct? I want to get rid of the EGR system b/c its ugly, which that shouldn't hurt anything should it?(b/c I have never ran a race car with it so what would it hurt this car for)

I am asking this b/c I am thinking about buying and I would like to have a little knowledge of it before I do go buy it when I COULD have the car tuned. I am new to the tuning side of ls1 modifications. I never thaught that I would have any problems b/c I didn't expect to take mods very far.... but I have now decided that I am going ALL the way(well not all out, I will have a tv, hella stereo and other stuff, so kinda a nice race car) I like mods that you can't see.

Josh S.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:47 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: I have some questions about ls1 edit.

Yes, LS1 Edit can do all that you described, and more. You'll be able to alter many other tranny and engine settings such as timing curves and power enrichment.

There is no mechanical reason that you need an EGR circuit.

Mark
Old 07-31-2003, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: I have some questions about ls1 edit.

I think that ls1 edit is going to be setting in my room before long. I plan on getting a lap-top within the next week or 2 so I'll be set to go! A freind of mine already has a version of auto-tap so I'll be good to go!

Josh S.