Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How do you guys do it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys do it?

For all of you out the with a FMIC how do you keep the front bumper from sagging? I've been doing some searching around and all I can find is buying a front support for like $250. Is that really my only option? There has to be something else people have done.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4mula4ever
For all of you out the with a FMIC how do you keep the front bumper from sagging? I've been doing some searching around and all I can find is buying a front support for like $250. Is that really my only option? There has to be something else people have done.
The top and sides of the bumper are bolted in place w/ the origonal hardware. The bottom is zip-tied to the bottom of the intercoler mounts in 2x places. Bumper has not sagged in over 2 years. I also added a Grillcraft mesh grill in December. That helps maintains the bumper in the origonal shape and adds a lot of rigidity to the structure. BTW, the grillcraft grill is not pictured in my sig pic.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
9 Second Club

Stock hardware on the sides and have the bottom bolted to my intercooler, no sags here either
Old 04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Schantin
The top and sides of the bumper are bolted in place w/ the origonal hardware. The bottom is zip-tied to the bottom of the intercoler mounts in 2x places. Bumper has not sagged in over 2 years. I also added a Grillcraft mesh grill in December. That helps maintains the bumper in the origonal shape and adds a lot of rigidity to the structure. BTW, the grillcraft grill is not pictured in my sig pic.
Thats how mine is and it still has the gap up top between the hood....
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have a FMIC, but wouldn't you be able to shim the top of the bumper cover up to meet with the hood? I dont know if this is the right answer or not. Hopefully someone with some more body work knowledge will tune in and let you know if this will work or not.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Launching!

That idea crossed my mind but don't know how much space i have with the limited room in the hardware. What;'s the best way to get the top plastis stud/blots out? They just clip in and out?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could fab/have someone fab up a support frame out of small steel rods/pipe. Or to fix the hood/bumper gap just pull the plastic rivet out of the center right by the latch and use zip ties or wire to pull it back and take the sag out.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut my stock bumper support and welded on brackets to hold the intercooler....then I notched the factory foam so all of the original areas of the bumper would be supported, between the head lights. I made some Al brackets to go from the back of my bumper support out to the three lower bumper valence tabs to support them...absolutely no sagging here .

Quick Reply: How do you guys do it?