Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-Charged LS1 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-Charged LS1 help

Not sure if this is the correct forum or so sorry in advance if I misplaced this thread.
So I recently got my five year project running and now am having issues with how it runs and was hoping someone here had some advice.

The car is a1968 Firebird with LS1 and Pro-charger D1SC pushing 10PSI. I have Motron 60lb fuel injectors and dual fuel pumps pushing 60psi.

It’s hard to explain exactly what’s going on but basically it starts immediately and sounds great. However on the first start, after about 5 seconds, it dies. The second start it lasts about 10 to 15 seconds and on the third start it will stay idling just fine. This is why I think the problem may lie in the tune on the computer. Other then that it does not like to rev up very smoothly. When I first open the throttle it wants to die. If it bounce it, it will start to rev at a higher RPM and sort of run at part throttle. The computer shows no codes. Ed over at Fast Chip flashed my computer but I’m thinking there’s only so much he can do remotely. I’m going to call him again tomorrow. He helped me with my fuel pressure issues and helped me verify the MAF wasn’t the problem. Now my fear is it’s in the tune and I’m going to have to take the car over to a local dyno and do it right for a boatload of money. My other fear is there are not many guys in or near the Pacific North West that know what they are doing with a car like this. I’m also currently using the stock PCM and I’m told by some people that there is only so much tuning you can do to it. What do you guys think? Am I on the right track? I was hoping all I have is a bad throttle position sensor but I’m assuming the PCM would throw a code if it wasn’t responding…..

Any thoughts or direction would be great.

Below is a link to my rough site on the car
http://alexandersfirebird.googlepages.com

Thanks,
Jacob Alexander
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A setup such as that is pretty simple and definatly in the realm of control for the stock pcm. You just need someone familiar with the system to be in person with the car to see what is happining first hand.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. I'm now told that it may be the location of my MAF sensor. I have a hard 90 just before the sensor. It sounds like the trublence built up at the location could cause inconsistant readings with the MAF. I'm going to try rotating it to see if it acts differently and if necessary move it to a straighter portion of the intercooler tubing.