Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A cam with cats

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A cam with cats

I am researching a cam for my '02 TA and have been trying to find info on how running cats should affect what grind to use. I am not worried about passing emissions, and everything I have found relates to passing a sniffer. I would think maybe a little extra duration on the exhaust side would be wise, but how much? I am liking what I am seeing out of the 230/236 xfi on a 111+3 lsa, does that sound like a good choice? I don't want to rev too high maybe peaking around 6500 or so. My mods so far are lid/filter, stock maf, ported tb on stock ls6 intake, Edelbrock stepped LTs and y pipe with magnaflow metallic cats welded in, GMMG catback, and a Powerbond 25% ud pulley. Also I would like to be able to live with the stock 3.42 gears till I can upgrade the rear and don't want to invest any money in the 10 bolt. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if there is a cam spec to go good with cats. I have hiflow cats with my car and my tuner said I'll loose about 7-10 rwhp. I can deal with that, I've thought about taking them out bet the car sounds so much better than my friends with the off road y pipe.