Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help P0654

Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please Help P0654

ok i have asked before but now it is an issue. i have put a LQ4 into a 1987 R-10 and thus far have had no issues. truck runs great. i wanted to install an aftermarket tach as the truck does not have one. i read al the threads about the tachs and installed the 680 ohm resister and everything but the tach still does not work. i then looked further into it and forgot that i had a P0654 code a while back and i deleted the code. it sets the SES light so i just deleted it. well after looking further into i desided i wanted the tach to work now.
the code is for ENGINE OUT PUT SIGNAL MALFUNCTION or something close to that. i followed the flow chart for diagnostics and it states to check pin 10 green connector for at least 9.5 volts. well i don't even have 1/2 a volt. it then states to repair the ground. well here is the problem WHAT GROUND!?!?!?! i got the schemetic for the engine speed sensor but there is no ground listed to it, oh by the way the ground repair also says repair ground in vehicle speed circut. what the hell does the RPM have to do with vehicle speed sensor. my other tech buddies think it is just a typo.
has anyone ever seen this or had problems with it. i do not have the 4l80 in the truck yet as i figured i would just wait till i blow up the turbo 350 but does that make a difference.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Help P0654