Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Thumpr Retro-fit cams

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumpr Retro-fit cams

I think everybody saw the retro-fit cams that Comp cams offers but I was thinking of putting a retro-fit hydraulic roller in a roller engine instead of hydraulic flat,will it work? I mean those cams were made to fit a roller cam in hydraulic flat engine but will it work fine if I fit the same cam in a roller engine? I found this note in Summit (Notes: Designed for engines originally equipped with flat tappet camshaft.) so does any one did this before?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The retro fit camshafts do not have a step on the end of the cam for a retainer plate.....you'd have to run a cam button to keep the cam in the block. Otherwise it should work just fine.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so all I need is a cam button? nothing else?what about the lifters? do I need to use those vertical locking or OEM style will work?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F-Body Lover
so all I need is a cam button? nothing else?what about the lifters? do I need to use those vertical locking or OEM style will work?
You can run your OEM style lifters if you have the link bars and retaining spider. You will also need a 85' & earlier timing chain.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1997bird
You can run your OEM style lifters if you have the link bars and retaining spider. You will also need a 85' & earlier timing chain.
I will get timing gear for super charge noise ,so 85 and earlier timing chain is a must and cam button and use the OEM roller lifters thats all?

Quick Reply: Thumpr Retro-fit cams