Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Caliper Rebuild kit, Where did you buy??

Old 04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper Rebuild kit, Where did you buy??

I tore my calipers apart to polish them this winter and was planning on buying rebuild kits to reassemble. I've had some on order with GMPARTSDIRECT for the past two months. I just received an email saying they are on national backorder with no ETA. With that said does anyone know where I could get these rebuild kits?? I believe that they can only be had through GM but wasn't for sure if there is a place that actually has these in stock? Mainly looking for fronts. Hell dust boots alone would make me happy as I lost two. Otherwise I would just put them back together now. Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Restricted User

I took mine completely apart. cleaned all the seals and piston, powdercoated the caliper reassembled them good as new. Should've kept track of those dust boots man. I asked about this a while back and people said the same thing. If you *really* want to rebuild, buy the seals from the dealer but you can clean them for a longer life. My advice, buy C5 calipers and my relocation brackets that I have for sale and be done with it. I was going to do the C5 thing but changed my mind after taking my calipers apart.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Restricted User

Not sure if you know but with the C5 calipers and conversion brackets you can run the 12.8" C5 rotors as opposed to the 11.8" F body rotors.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

I'm kicking myself for this mistake!!! I already have new rotors and hawk pads sitting here waiting for my stock calipers. I really can't swing anymore big purchases right now. Thanks though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Caliper Rebuild kit, Where did you buy??