Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP FEEDBACK NEEDED!!!!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP FEEDBACK NEEDED!!!!

i blew my motor 3 months ago i found out i spun a main bearing on the crank, my car is a 98 trans am ws6 M6, i had a guy i know rebuild it with JE forged pistons, ARP head studs, fel pro head gaskets,ported and polished stock ls1 heads, JE rings, timing chain, comp springs, valve springs, valves, comp pushrods, new rods, slp oil pump, upgraded fuel pump, rehoned the block still 346 ci, used stock crank ground down, i put a ls6 intake in there and had it ported to the size of the heads, and i was skeptical in going with this big of a cam but its a Comp Cam duration at .050 intake 232 exhaust 234, valve lift .595 on the intake and .598 on the exhaust on a 112 centerline i know that is really big, i think i should change it maybe the mti c2 or the G2x5 cause he said he would change it if i didnt like it, its just that it is really really bad on gas.. granted it is running really really rich now but still. well anyways i got it back and it was blowing oil, so i had to keep on checking it and refilling it. so i took it to speed inc. to have it dynotuned, and they told me that it was blowing way too much oil and it was pulling timing from the motor, so when i brought it in as is it put down 396 rwhp, and 365 rwtq untuned. then when they tried to lean it out cause it was way too rich, it was pulling timing from the motor and they said something like it was pulling octane or something from the motor so it was like i was running 87 when i had 93 in it. so after they leaned it out it lost HP, down to 380 rwhp, and 350rwtq. are the torque #'s that low because the heads are ported too big??? anyways so they told me to take it back to the guy, and then they would redynotune it for me. so then i had the guy do a leak down on the motor and it was getting 10% on all cylinders. which isnt bad at all. so we now think the problem is the pcv needs to be blocked off, then it wont blow oil. so i will see soon and if that isnt the problem he said he would replace the rings for me and obviously new head gaskets, and rehone the block again. what kind of #'s should i be expecting from this set up i am hoping for 420 rwhp, but i really dont care about HP #'s just as long as it runs what i want it to, low 12's to high 11's.HELP THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!!! my mods are: lid, borla, mac midlength headers with offroads, 02 simms, ported Throttle body, moser 12 bolt (4.10), nitto DR 315, BMR sfc, lca, torque arm.
i just want my car fixed does anyone have any suggestions or have had these problems? FEEDBACK NEEDED! answers to any or all of these questions will be aprreciated greatly.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Default Re: HELP FEEDBACK NEEDED!!!!

1) When you get a lot of oil going through your motor it will have the net effect of reducing the octane in your gas. You need to research putting an inline filter in your pcv system or routing it to a catchcan...

2) That is a big cam. A G5X2 is like 232/238 so it's not smaller. A C2 is a 224 cam that is smaller.

3) I doubt you need to pull the motor apart again.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

ttt
Old 07-31-2003, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

t

Search this Thread